Unable To Jump

Home Forums Honor and Duty: D-Day Unable To Jump

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DaDunt37 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

PSVR Gamer
    Participant

Hello,
    While playing the beta today in PSVR, I’d press X to jump, but nothing would happen. I have tried using the Aim controller, DS4, and the Move controllers but none allow me to jump when I press X. I have power cycled the controllers and even re-installed the beta, but nothing has fixed the issue.

I can jump when playing in non-VR mode.

Is anyone else experiencing an inability to jump in VR? Thank you!

PSVR Gamer
    Participant

I fixed the jumping problem by deleting my save game data.

Once I reconfigured my controls back to the way I like them I was good to go!

Now I must go… the men and women need me on the front lines!

Reggie Strange
    Keymaster

I believe I was in the match with you when this was happening. I’ll take a look and see if I can see anything that could cause this but glad you got it fixed!

PSVR Gamer
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt response Reggie!

I can jump for cover again and have had no control issues since.

The beta is great! I really like the new additions and improvements!

Thanks again!

Reggie Strange
    Keymaster

Ok, finally found out what was happening. It had to do with the Heavy and Engineer class when playing in VR. In VR mode, both of those classes couldn’t jump due to the way the character parameters were set. It should be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for reporting this!

PSVR Gamer
    Participant

That makes sense why it appeared to fix the issue when I removed my save game data… it also removed my progress and access to the engineer! I play as the engineer all the time because he’s fast!
    I did notice the jumping issue come back after I ranked up and I was going to report it, but your website was down for a while and then you figured out it was an engineer/heavy parameter problem. Glad you narrowed it down and can address the issue!

P.S. This beta is amazing and I’m telling every gamer I know to check it out! D-Day will be a must buy for me and for many others on release day.

Thanks again!

Reggie Strange
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. It’s great to hear you enjoyed it and we appreciate you helping to spread the word!

DaDunt37
    Participant

Yes,
    This was a problem I thought it was because I was a heavy.
    I have not been a heavy since.
    Guess the fat guy cant jump!!

You did fix it Quick.
    Who the man!
    Reggie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.